Ask an expert

26 Jan 2003

How do i prolong sex/orgasm.
Sometimes I come very early when having sex and I can't control it. Most defintey I always want to go on but because of ejaculated earlier than thought my dick can't get up to continue with sex. I want at least to go on for about 20 to 60 minutes for 'one round' having sex... please help SEXOLOGY!!!!
Answer 384 views

01 Jan 0001

Mashilo, what you’re asking for is a bit much. Very few men can have (good) sex for an hour without ejaculating.
It sounds like you’re worried that you might be suffering from premature ejaculation. In the adult man, anything that causes anxiety or stress when intercourse is attempted can cause premature ejaculation.
The easiest way to treat it is to increase the opportunities for ejaculation as this may decrease sexual tension. Another option is the stop-start technique with or without the squeeze technique. Basically this means you have intercourse/masturbate until you feel an orgasm coming on. You then cease all stimulation for 30 seconds. You repeat this for 3 times and then allow ejaculation. If you move to close to the “point of no return”, you squeeze the penis hard just below the glans (this will stop you from having an orgasm). With time you will learn to control your ejaculation (works in >95% of cases). In the other 5% drugs like Anafranil® and psychotherapy can be tried.
There are buckets full of alternative "therapies" available ranging from the entertaining to the absurd and to the down right dangerous. The important thing is that when attempting to cure premature ejaculation you have make sure that it doesn't ruin making love for you and your partner. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9322 votes
67% - 18697 votes