Question

How do i stick to a healthy diet
I have a problem when i get stressed or upset i tend to eat alot of junk especially sweets and other unhealthy stuff. How do i deal with the issues without turning to food for comfort?

Dear Cameron
This depends on how severe your need for comfort from food is. If it rules your life then I would suggest that you consult a clinical psychologist (ask your gp to refer you or look in the Yellow Pages under 'Psychologists'), so that you can identify what underlying problems make you turn to food for comfort and to learn more positive coping skills. If the problem is mild and only occurs once in awhile, then you can probably turn the situation around by taking a firm resolve that you are in charge of your own life and will not succumb to unhealthy eating habits. It may help to contact Innertalk for one of their motivational tapes. Contact Mandy at mands@innertalk.co.za