Question

How does one handle this
I am persistently being asked by my husband if I had an affair - so I get angry because I did not and it is insulting to me for him to ask that question. He is then convinced that I am because I get angry and become defensive. I am being punished for something I did not do, so I dont even have the pleasure that goes with my pain...this has been gong on for at least 4 years. I ask my husband why he believes this and he says that I once asked for a different style, hence I have learnt this somewhere - really? How do I stop this, it seems any response is the wrong one- thanks

He sounds excessively insecure and of low self-esteem, and maybe specifically extra insecure about his sexual abilities. Remind him that he surely would become angry if you asked him whether he had been having an affair, maybe especially so if he had not been doing so. Can you persuade him to join you in marriage counselling ?