Question

How does this sound meal plan
Hi i am on the body for life 12 week program how does my meal plan sound?

Breakfast: oats + water + protein shake

Snack: protein shake

Lunch: slice of bread with cottage cheese and tomato.

Snack: protein shake

Supper: 1portion of protein, 1 portion of carb, 1 portion of veg.

before bed time: protein shake

Dear Lara
As you probably have noticed, I am not really in favour of diet regimens that are not based on a balanced diet plan that contains all the food groups and consists of whole foods instead of shakes. What you must do is to check that the 4 servings of protein shake do not contain more than 1000 cal or 4200 kJ in total (add them up), otherwise you will not lose weight with this programme as you will be ingesting more energy than is required for weight loss. The diet is also totally lacking in adequate quantities of dietary fibre (unless the shakes also contain some fibre?) so that you may find that this makes you very constipated. If you get tired of the shakes (something that can easily happen with shakes), then do change over to a balanced low-fat diet and regular exercise to lose the weight.