Question

How is disability defined?

I am always embaressed to refer to my self as disabled. I have to use a crutch to walk. and have limited knee ROM 5 - 70 degrees with severe foot drop. Without going into too much detail re causes treatments etc just to say have failed knee rplacement and permanent nerve damage. I am limited in distances I can walk cannot get up or down on to floor and have to drive automatic car. I get by using 1 crutch. I cannot sit in a cinema get spasms in hip if sit for half an hour or longer. Take daily pain killers to keep going. I am not sure if when I am asked for example on a job application if I am handicapped whether I have a right to say yes. I feel so many people are so much worse off than me and feel embarassed that by comparison I am not so badly off. I think I also feel that if I refer to myself as disabled others my think I am being a wimp
Handicap Expert
Handicap Expert

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Please refer to the following link for a detailed explanation about disability: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disabled

Dr Anrich Burger