Question

How long can I take the pill?
First of all I would just like to thank you for this forum.

I have been taking the pill for 5 years. Over the five years I have changed pill a couple of times and now I take Mirelle (supposed to be the closest to my natural cycle). My GP says that I can stay on it indefinately until my husband and I decide to start a family. I have had irregular cells in my annual pap smears so I go every six months for a pap smear (my GP puts this down to stress).

My concern is how long can I stay on the pill? SHould I take a break? You hear these terrible stories about infertility and people often say it is the pill.

Thank you.

You can stay on the Pill for many years. There is no need to take a break. There are no long term effects on fertility from the Pill.