Question

how long till I heal
Hi, I injured my left leg as a result of playing squash (3 times a week) and running (4 times a week). I was told that I have patellar tendonitis and wanted to know how long it will probably take before it heals. I have been injured for four months now and cannot run, cycle or bend my leg without experiencing some degree of pain, sometimes quite bad. I am eager to exercise again but don't know what I can do that will not be painful.

Hi runner-to-be

Are you doing rehab to help strengthen areas that need attention? Are you being treated/overseen by someone?
If not, I would strongly recommend that you see an appropriate health professional (perhaps a Biokineticist), at this stage, who can design a programme for you to put you on track again and to monitor the pain and the healing, so as to avoid further damage.

Phone our Sports Science Institute Peak Biokinetics section on 021 659 5647 for an appointment or a referral to an appropriate person in your area.

I hope that you are soon back on track.