Ask an expert

4h ago

How long,what do i need to do?
Hi there

I just wanted to know I had irregular periods and my GP suggested I take Thriphasil to regulate them I have been on 28 days Cycle for three months since I started now we want to try for a baby what do I need to do?
Please help

Thanks for reading,
Answer 394 views
Fertility expert
fertility expert

01 Jan 0001

Dear Buhle

I would strongly recommend a full investigation of the fertility problem beyond the simple regulation of menses. Should this have already been done then a simple course of fertility tablets for ovulation induction together with careful monitoring of ovulation and timed intercourse may be all that is necessary over the next few months. For this to be effective a normal sperm analysis, patent fallopian tubes and all other factors need to be within the norm.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.