Question

4h ago

How long,what do i need to do?
Hi there

I just wanted to know I had irregular periods and my GP suggested I take Thriphasil to regulate them I have been on 28 days Cycle for three months since I started now we want to try for a baby what do I need to do?
Please help

Thanks for reading,
fertility expert

Dear Buhle

I would strongly recommend a full investigation of the fertility problem beyond the simple regulation of menses. Should this have already been done then a simple course of fertility tablets for ovulation induction together with careful monitoring of ovulation and timed intercourse may be all that is necessary over the next few months. For this to be effective a normal sperm analysis, patent fallopian tubes and all other factors need to be within the norm.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim