Question

How low is too low (Platelets)
I had blood counts done about 2 years ago, 1 test said the count is inaccurate due to clumping(:-?) and the other was 61 000 then this year i had two test doen one was 52 000 and the other 45 000.

My question is how low should your platelets be before seeing a hematologist?
Should I see a hematologist?
What will happen when I do go see a hemotologist, i.e. what test will be done? (I''m just worried about the cost, I don''t want to waste money on this if I don''t need to)
Cyberdoc

Hallo splat
If you have less than 150 000 platelets per microliter on a blood test you have thrombocitopenia and it should be futher examined to determine the cause and prevent abnormal bleeds. If you don't have a medical aid, you can ask your doctor to refer you to the hematology department at your nearest academic hospital