Question

How many carories, what ratio?
I'm a 46 year old active male. Weight 83, Height 1,78m body fat 18% good Vo2 max! Train 5 to 6 times per week, mainly resistance, about 80 minutes average intensity (HR 150) cardio per week. Looking to drop bodyfat to 15% and pick up lean muscle. How many daily calories do you reccomend and in what ratio - protein to carbs?

By the way why this obsession with milk? Milk might be convenient, but the processed cows milk we get is a killer, it's full of hormones, fat and a host of other rubbish. (There's a massive amount of info on the internet) There are many other sources of calcium, why do you persist with reccomending milk? (IMHO Together with wheat to be avoided where at all possible)

Dear Maat
At present your BMI = 25,9, which is slightly above the upper value for normal weight of 25. If you lose some weight to drop to 75 kg your BMI will be 24, which is more desirable and will help to reduce the body fat. Nowadays we don't really count calories or kilojoules anymore and recommend that you use a low-fat, high-fibre diet instead. Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'Slimming Diet' for an example. I don't have an obsession with milk, but it it still the best source of calcium in our diets at 300 mg per glass, you are going to either have to eat mountains of veg to achieve the same result or start taking calcium supplements. It's up to you.