Question

how many kilojoules?
Dear DietDoc,

I need to lose quite a lot of weight. I currently weigh 114kgs and am 1.64m tall. How many kilojoules do I need per day to help me lose weight?

Dear BB
Your present BMI = 42 (which is in the highly obese range). To get back into the normal range you would need to weigh 67 kg, in other words, you need to nearly halve your present weight! This is a tough prospect and I would recommend that you consider taking Xenical to get you started. Xenical is a real fat-trapper that prevents you from absorbing fat from what you eat. Xenical can only be obtained with a prescription so you need to ask your dr to prescribe it for you. Xenical is expensive so it would help if your dr could motivate for this medication to be paid for by your medical aid. You would use the Xenical with a very-low-fat-diet and this will help you to start losing. So see if you can get Xenical prescribed for your condition, seeing that the overweight is a direct threat to your health. Also combine the Xenical (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life)with regular exercise to obtain the best results.