Question

How much excercise is enough?
Hi Fitness Doc
Thank you for all your great advice!!
I weigh 75kgs and am 1.6m tall/short (female) - I have been doing step classes consistantly 2x a week throughout last year...and I have obviously not noticed much difference (firming up a bit though) - I have tried a spinning class last week and enjoyed it (to my surprise) - so, If I were to do 2x step (advanced) classes and 2x spinning classes a week, would this be enough excercise to lose weight? (am following a low fat diet as per DietDoc) Or should I also be doing the circuit aswell?? If so, how often and how much? I would really appreciate your input on this! Thank you!

HI there

Keep up the exercise - that's the way to go and thanks for your encouragement re my advice!
Yes, I recommend the four classes a week, but I do recommend that you also add some resistance training to your programme. I suggest you go to the home page and click on War on Wobbles. You will get some good advice about how much resistance training to do.

Perhaps the circuit is the easiest option. Ideally, you should do it twice a week, but if this is all too much, then do it once a week. Combine this with healthy eating and you should be able to lose some fat.

Good luck!