Question

How much exercise?
Hi, I need to lose about 25 kgs and have been dieting now for about 2 weeks but I haven't included any exercise into my daily regiment. How much exercise per week must I do in order to lose the weight? Just say, I do spinning four times a week for an hour, would that be enough? I am also unfit so how should I start off exercising in order to not feel dispondent? Any help appreciated, thanks doc.

Dear Matilda
Experts agree that it is important to do 30 min of aerobic exercise a day or 60 min every 2nd day, so your spinning 4x a week should be ok. Start off slowly - certainly not a whole hour at the beginning. Try 20 min for 2-3 days and then 30 min, etc, until you are at the 60 min level. It is better to start slowly to give your body a chance to adjust than to immediately do strenuous exercise for long periods.
Keep up the good work