Question

How much exersize to burn off bad eating??
I dont eat very well and almost every single day eat 1 - 2 chocolates. I also never exersize. I have noticed that over the past 2 years i have slowly picked up 5 kilos and am starting to realise i need change. I find it very difficult to cut out chocolate, so i want to know how much exercize i need to do each day to burn the same amount of calories i took in . I am 24 years old, female and weigh 55kg. I know i am not overweight, i just want to get into shape and get my thighs and butt back to an acceptable size.

HI Kay

It depends how badly you are overeating. THe obvious thing, and I know this is not what you want to hear, is to look at the problem and identify its cause. yours is weight gain, caused by eating, so the solution is to eat better. Sure, exercise may help slightly, but the bottom line is that it will eventually become futile if you don't also change your eating habits. This is particularly the case because you want very specific weight loss is certain areas. I'm not saying you must cut out chocolate completely, but 2 a day is excessive and you shouldn't struggle too hard to cut back to one, and then maybe one every two days. That alone will make a difference. Then, as for exercise, it is certainly going to be beneficial, for more reasons than just your weight, and so I would recommend 4 or 5 days a week of training, for between 40 and 60 minutes per day, of some cardio exercise, like running, walking, aerobics, cycling, swimming, taebo etc. If you do this, and don't change your diet, then you should remain weight stable, and then to lose means perhaps making some reductions in your eating.