Question

how much is to much??
I would like to know how much water is to much. I drink a average of 3 liters of water at work and about 2 liters at the gym and I drink a liter at home so all and all i drink about 5 - 6 liters a day. I would like to find out how much is to much and what the concourses will be if I keep taking in this much water. Thank you

Kattie, drinking 3 – 3.5 litres of water a day is considered as enough when you’re talking about drinking a lot of water. Drinking too much water can wash out the electrolytes like sodium and potassium and this may lead to serious problems like swelling of the brain. The kidneys can handle a lot, but once they reach their limit, decompensation may occur rapidly. The best would be to limit your water intake to about 4 litres a day. Good luck.