Question

How much protein?
Hi, I'm getting back into weight training after a 3 year break.

I follow a low-gi diet because I have 2 diabetics in the family. I also drink milk with skim milk powder added which I worked out gives 16g of protein per glass.

I weigh 97kg (with excess bodyfat) I'm 6ft (1,82m) tall.

1) How much protein do I need a day?
2) How much protein does the average low-gi diet give per day?

Hi Shawn

I think this question is best directed at DietDoc, or better still, to see a dietician and have them help you. by following a low-GI diet, and with your diabetic family history, you are automatically in a category that requires more than just some generic, one-size-fits-all advice. So the best is to see a dietician and have them look at some options for you, and give you a personalized diet that meets all your needs.