Question

How much water is too much water
I am 43 years of age and I exercise every evening (running, walking, etc). I also drink a lot of fluids (cofee in the morning and rooibos during the rest of the day) including two litres of water. Is this too much or it adequate to keep my body rehydrated?

Dear MK
Basically adults require 2,5 litre of liquid per day (this includes all the liquids you drink in a day, not just the water). So measure how much you actually drink and if you are exceeding 3 litres then cut back. Use an energy drink when you exercise because they not only provide you with energy, but also contain potassium and sodium to prevent electrolyte imbalances which can occur if you overdo your water intake.