Question

How safe is it?
Dear Expert, earlier you mentioned rimming to help relax for anal sex, something people seldom talk about so I also have a question on safe sex, how safe is rimming, can you get HIV from it? Thank you everyone for a fantastic forum and Ferny I am also in your fan club, and I miss Tammy and Deeve here, where are you guys? Have a great day everyone.
Gay, lesbian and bisexual expert
gay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Uninformed and thanks for posting - I particularly welcome posts related to HIV and AIDS.

Rimming is totally safe in terms of HIV transmission but it does pose a risk in terms of other STIs, particularly hepatitis and a few nasty stomach bugs. And worms. Always make sure your partner is clean before you go there. We've discussed 'dental dams' several times before - please search our archives for more info.

Purely in terms of HIV transmission, rimming is a safe activity.