Ask an expert

20 Feb 2009

How to break off!
I left my fiance after almost eight years, I was living in his house as his wife, he cheated daily, I decide enough is enough, he is schizophrenia and dangerous when drinking and drugging.
He' d take meds for a while then all is well but doesn' t stop his cheating and he can deny.
Problem is he calls and deposits monies, in the past when I found out about his cheating I would see his porn with other woman he' d buy me expensive gifts.
Now his hold is my son, loves him to bit, worried about his welfare etc
I sent him mail saying I left him because he wants th elife of a bachelor so why not go ahead and leave us alone, it is my son.
Seems I am speaking to a wall here as now the money comes in then he needs his remote control, plugs etc just to get in touch.
I am sueing him for breach of promise of which he doesn' t know as yet.
How does someon break off from a mad man....he thinks money buys all, I told him it bought his whores and I was treated like the maid and nurse when he went insane,every day serving him supper in bed, tea, juice whatever, on weekends he only got out of bed to use the loo.
I treated him like a king and he treated me like dirt, but feels what his done was right because his a man.If I wasn' t strong I would' ve been a mental case long ago, his a TARA case.
Answer 401 views

01 Jan 0001

I hope this guy has been seen and properly assessed and diagnosed by a prper shrink. Drinking and drugging is bad for anyone's brain, and if he happens to also have schizophrenia, then it may be even more damaging, and he needs proper medication to help it, not alcohol. Its not up to your son to decide these things, espeiall if the guy is trying to buy the boy's affections
I don't know how successful breach of promise suits are, these days. But I dont see how his having money ( you don't mention how he gets it ) should prevent you from leaving, if this would be best for you and your child. If you feel you have been abused, maybe POWA can advise you on how to free yourself from the bad habit of staying with him
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9322 votes
67% - 18678 votes