Question

how to count callories<br>how to count callories?
Hi Diet Doc

please just explain to me how to count callories, i am very sorry but i am in the dark about it!
I dont know how to count callories!!

Thank you for all that you are doing!!

Dear Sisi
Because it is such a complicated thing and takes so much time, we don't really count calories any more, but rather just use a low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'Slimming Diet'). If you want to use this cumbersome method for some purpose like slimming, then you need to check the energy value of foods you buy, e.g. fruit juice - look on the package and you will find that they list X calories or kilojoules (kJ) per 300 ml serving, so now you have the energy value of this food. Do the same for all the foods you eat and beverages you drink in one day and add them up. The answer represents the number of calories or kJ you have consumed in that day. As you see it is very time-consuming. If you click on 'Diet' and 'Calorie Counter' you can get an idea of the energy content of quite a few foods. Compare the total calories or kJ you consume with the prescribed amount for a day, e.g. 1000 cals or 4200 kJ.