Question

How to lose my weight
im over weight person.i need to lose my weight by 20 Kg.so what can i do for do that?
The Dietitians

Hi Amanda

Losing weight is not such an easy task as it stretch beyond what we eat. You need to restrict your daily calorie intake (from all foods and drinks) with a n minimum of 2000 kJ per day for your body to burn your fat cells as a source of energy. To create this calorie deficit you need to control not only what you eat, but also the quantity and times of eating as well as to why you eat. The best strategy is to contact a dietitian as she can calculate the calories you need taking your gender and height in consideration She can also create a practical eating plan that suits your lifestyle budget, cultural and food preferences as well as provide support to optimize adherence to the plan. For a dietitian in your area contact www.adsa.org.za