Question

How to kick my addiction to sleeping tablets
I have been using Dormonoct for the last 25 years. Is it possible or necessary to stop using? The tablets are not always effective and I often go without any sleep at all.
Sleep Expert
Sleep expert

The dormonoct at this stage is not doing you any harm, but is also not doing you any good.

You will first need to establish good sleep habits. Then you can stop the tablets cold - but you will have a couple of weeks of bad sleep before it settles down. Or you can slowly wean the dose down, by slowly scraping off more and more of the tablet. Finally, you can go down to every 2nd night, then every third night, and so on, until you get off it. It would be best, however, if you saw someone who has experience in this to help you.