Question

How to know when ovulating
My husband and I want to start a family, however I am not sure when I ovulate as I stopped the pill three months ago, and my cycle is not as regular as it used to be.
I know that there are ovulation strips, can I get these at a pharmacy without prescription?
Are there any other ways to tell if I am ovulating? I get slight pains in my ovaries but these last for 8-12 days so I am not sure when exactly an egg has been released?
Thank you

The best would be to buy an ovulation kit, available at pharmacies without prescription.