Question

how to lose weight in 2 months
Dear dietdoc

I want a really good diet and a exercise shedule for a 12 year old person. I have a cycle at home.

Thank,
Fatty

Dear Reader
If you are only 12 years old then I would like to recommend that you ask your parents to let you consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will help you with a diet that promotes weight loss, but still supplies you with all the nutrients you need for healthy growth (e.g. calcium to ensure that your bones and teeth grow properly, iron to prevent anaemia, etc). As regards exercise, you can use the cycle to do at least 30 min of brisk cycling a day. Start slowly and then increase how fast and long you cycle as you get fitter.