Ask an expert

07 Dec 2005

How to start treatment?
I have PCOS and me and my husband have been trying to concieve for the last 2 years with no luck. If have used Glucophage but also with no luck. What do you suggest must I go and see 'n fertility expert and what is the changes of me fulling pregnant?
Answer 362 views
Fertility expert
fertility expert

01 Jan 0001

Dear Nikki

As there are various degrees of PCOS, it is important to establish the severity of your condition. There may be associated endocrine or hormonal problems relating to the thyroid as well as a high prolcatin level, which in 15-20% cases of PCO patients, is also present. I would thus recommend that you see a fertility specialist who would be able to shed more light on your future prospects of falling pregnant.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9320 votes
67% - 18604 votes