Question

HPT Question...
Hi there,

I had my 3rd IUI 11 days ago. The trigger (HCG) shot was 12 days ago and apparently it can stay in your system for up to 10 days - so it should be out by now.

I was naughty this morning and did a urine hpt. I am only due to do a blood test on Monday (day14) but I like to be prepared for the outcome. The test said not to read it after 5 minutes and that after several hours, you may get a faint positive because the chemicals keep reacting hours after the test.

I read the test after 5 minutes and it was negative, but when I looked after 10-12 minutes, there was the faintest positive (almost like a watermark, but I could just see it). I have never seen a line in the +ve window (and I've hpt'd a lot over the past 18 months).

Could it be the chemical reaction because I read it again after 5 minutes? I'm so scared to let myself get excited by this...
PS My boobs have also been SO sore for the past few days. I'm sure I'd remember if they were always this sore before my period..

Obviously I'll test again if I don't have spotting as usual in the 3 days before my period, but just wanted some opinions.

Thanks,
Nix
x

Reading the test late does not give an accurate result. You should not take this into account.