Question

HPV innoculation
Goodmorning
I have seen at my health centre that they offer an immunisation against the dangerous HPV strands to help prevent cervical cancer. I have been told by the doctor that I can have it if I like, I am 33, but some of my friends have said that you can only have it if you''re 18. Which is true? Is it still worth having? It is quite expensive and my medical aid doesn''t cover it. We have no history of cervical cancer in the family but both my grandmothers had some form of cancer.
Thank-you for your time
Katie

Usually the recommendation is that you have it before you become sexually active.