Question

HRT
I am using Estro Pause N - After all the bad news about HRT I do not want to use any of these anymore. What is going to happen if I stop immediately. Can I use Black Cohosh if necessary for hot flashes and what is going to happen with my periods? I am 56 years old healthy except for blood sugar count too high (also use Lipitor 10mg per day)
I have been using different types of HRT for the past 5 to 6 years.

Please help !!!!

Tiekie, the hot flushes might come back when you stop the HRT. Of course you will also lose the heart and osteoporosis protection associated with taking HRT. Taking Black cohosh is not without it’s dangers either and it will not protect your heart and your bones. Maybe the best would be to consult your gynae before you do anything drastic. Good luck.