Question

HRT treatment
Dear Doc,

I went to see my GP and she said I should start HRT. Among alot of other things she said it would settle the mood swings. Now I am just wondering about my friend. She has been on HRT for a number of years, but she still moody and weepy a lot of the time. She is 54 and I am 49. I don't want to be like her just because my hormones are going crazy! My GP and others have told me that HRT gives you a better quality of life at this time of life. Do you agree with this? I am still undeceided on what to do. My GP has given me a script for Eszo-pause 1mg (sorry if it is wrong, can't read her writing).

Thank you.

There are a number of causes for mood swings apart from hormones. There are certainly advantages to taking HRT but you would really need to see for yourself what effects it has on you. Estro-pause is a combined HRt, so can be taken even if you have not had a hysterectomy.