Ask an expert

26 Jan 2009

Hi! Please help Cyberdoc.I' m developing a hunchback &  i would like to know what causes it &  which exercises can i do to make it go away.I' m 29 &  i have a seven month old baby,after giving birth because of all the leaning when i wash my baby,breastfeeding,changing nappies &  picking her up,it has all taken its toll on my back(especially below the neck) &  this is the result.Please help this is driving me insane.
Answer 398 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Sunny
Please ask your GP to send you for X/rays of the back - they need to see what the problem is, whether the bones are too thin, (osteoporosis) or whether you have scoliosis. If the spine is healthy, a physiotherapist or a biokineticist can give you exercises to strengthen your back and stomach muscles to prevent bad posture
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9322 votes
67% - 18699 votes