Ask an expert

25 Jan 2008

husband ,anger and his moods.
my husband had a rough upbringing,he so moody,full anger anger even though sometimes he jolly,but i suggested that he go see a therapist,he said "im afraid to go there coz im afraid we will separate,i just want a promise from u that u will spend most of the time with me" maybe he scared of the things that he didnt tell me, but he doesnt know that i know he was once a hobbo,b-coz of bad life(home problems).but y is he so scared and what can i do to change his anger,coz we argue all the time.
Answer 396 views

01 Jan 0001

Make it clear to him that you love him as he is, and will possibly love him even more as he sorts out whatever else is concerning him ; that you appreciate that he had a tough time earlier in life, and admire the extent to which he has managed to overcome earlier hardships, and that he deserves some further help from a good counsellor, so that he can feel more confident and peaceful, and so that the pair of you can be even happier together. And remind him that his sessions with a therapist / counsellor would be confidential, and information would only be shared with you, if at all, with his specific consent and at his request.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.