Ask an expert

21 Nov 2005

Husband cheating....
Please help, I can't get over the hurt of my husband cheating. I found out 6 months ago that he had an affair. We talked about it and he told me he's going to stop it and told me he needs some time as he had somehow developed feelings for this woman.
In the mean time they were having conversations through email and calling each other every day. He told me they are not seeing each other and they are now just friends. I asked him how can you be friends with a woman you've slept with? I told him for us to get over the affair he has to stop any contact what so ever.
He said they not doing anything harmful to our relationship and insisted that they are just friends. While I was hurting.
Every time he leaves the house he'll call her, when we stop at the petrol station for petrol or bathroom he'll call her. This hurt me so badly, while he on the other side insisted they are just friend. About 3 weeks ago he said he'll stop contact with her, and he said I'm doing this for you, I still feel the relationship we were having now was harmless.
It's still hurts, I'm bitter and angry, disappointed and in pain. Why after I decided to try and forgive him, did he go on with the friendship? Why did he cheat on me, he promised.. he made a vow to me to be faithful.
I found picture of him and this woman, kissing and naked. I feel so betrayed by the one man I thought he got my back, my husband,
I don't know if I'll ever forgive him, I cannot handle the hurt sometimes I'll cry the whole day just thinking of the things he did.
I'm going for counselling right now but the pain is still there, I try to forget about it but it's there everyday.
How do I let go of the pain and hurt??
Answer 444 views

01 Jan 0001

Nothing that you describe in how he has been behaving recently sounds like "just friends". Continue in your personal counseling, which will ultimatrely find your best solution, but Why won't he join you in marriage counselling, to work on this together ?
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.