Ask an expert

28 Jul 2011

Husband living with mistress
My husband has been having an affair for over a year and finally admitted it after I traced a car he was driving. I have Bipolar disorder and I am so depressed that all I can think about is suicide to ease the pain. I am not on medical aid as my Husband got us into severe debt. I don''t know what to do.
Answer 537 views

01 Jan 0001

Its sad, obviously, that he cheated, had an affair, and lied about it. But it was he who behaved badly, not you - why should you think of punishing yourself for HIS wrongdoing ? Treatment of your depression within the bpolar disorder must be a priority. You can be treated properly at a government / privincial hospital or clinic, and at the Dept of Psychiatry of your nearest medical school. And maybe your husband owes it to you to take an extra, part-time job, to pay for your private treatment ?
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.