Question

Husband living with mistress
My husband has been having an affair for over a year and finally admitted it after I traced a car he was driving. I have Bipolar disorder and I am so depressed that all I can think about is suicide to ease the pain. I am not on medical aid as my Husband got us into severe debt. I don''t know what to do.

Its sad, obviously, that he cheated, had an affair, and lied about it. But it was he who behaved badly, not you - why should you think of punishing yourself for HIS wrongdoing ? Treatment of your depression within the bpolar disorder must be a priority. You can be treated properly at a government / privincial hospital or clinic, and at the Dept of Psychiatry of your nearest medical school. And maybe your husband owes it to you to take an extra, part-time job, to pay for your private treatment ?