Question

Husband molested by father

My friend's husband was molested by his dad when he was still young and his dad killed himself (dad) when he (husband) was 5 years old. This is affecting their relationship badly. How can she help him. I know the best will be if he sees someone to help him through this so how can she get him to see someone without pussing him away. Please any advise will help becuase I don't really know what to tell her.

Thank you in advance

SHe can speak to him about how much she cares about him and his well-being, and how she wories that these ugly events in his childhood may be having a negative impact on him, which could be helped --- and persuade him to see a psychologist to work on these matters. That shouldn't push him away. Such issues are generally too complex for a spouse to be able to help specifically, except by sympathy and support and love.