Question

Husband sleeping
I am worried about my husband. For as long as we have been sharing a bed (9 years) he has had this twitching thing that happens to his body as he drops off to sleep.

Recently it has gotten worse. His whole body jerks, not like his arm jerks then his leg jerks, its his whole body at once. and only once, ocassionally it happens more than once, but always with a brief interval inbetween, never lmore than one jerk in a row (if you get what i mean). its a very strong jerk, it makes his whole body move. last night i was laying on his arm when it happened and it actually lifted me up slightly.

What could cause this? surely it cant be normal?

He also has started to snore. BADLY!
Cyberdoc

Hallo SJ
These jerks are called hypnic jerks and it is a kind of sleeping disorder but it is not harmful. The snoring however can be harmful as he may suffer from sleep apnoea. See
http://www.health24.com/medical/Condition_centres/777-792-3529-3531,57193.asp