Question

28 Oct 2009

Husbands father is strange sexually?
Hi there

My husbands father has arrived to visit for 2 weeks. Since he has arrived - he has done nothing but brag about his lifestyle. He has joined a group that is into bondage and fetishes. He has a dominitrix woman that he gets together with and they go to parties where shows are put on for all. He tells my hubby and I all about it ( he is involved with two of these woman ) He seems very happy and proud about it and it is making us uncomfortable that he keeps talking about it. My husband is quiet and not close to his dad so doesnt want to say anything. His dad is 68 this has been going on for a year he says ( his wife left him recently as she couldnt cope ) How do you suggest we handle it? He will be gone in two weeks - it is very strange. I feel sorry for my husband as I think it is making him embarressed as his dad keeps telling us both all about it!! help?

Well, it's hardly surprising that his wife left him. What's odd is both this late-life decision to get involved in kinky sexual activities, and his urge to brag about it. I wonder whether, at 68, there might be some mild dementia or early Alzheimers ( maybe there are some other signs of it ? ) as this can reduce both one's common sense and one's inhibitions.
At least it's entirely seisible for you to talk calmly to him and say that it makes you both feel uncomfortable when he talks about this, and ask him to stop, as it;s nothing to brag about, and other pople might think him rather peculiar if hen told others.
You needn't really worry about embarrassing him - he's clearly not at all shy or embarrassed about this activity, and if you scolded him, he'd probably enjoy it.