Ask an expert

06 Dec 2004


After about two years of extreme bone pains, ankles, shins, knees, thigh musle, back, shoulder elbow, arm, wrist and fingers. I have just had my third opinion from yet another specialist. First i was told it was my weight. When i weighed 56kg. Second, it was diagnosed as sero negative arthritis, and now it's Hymobility syndrome. I cannot take it anymore. I take a multi vitamin and Glucosamide in the mornings, and Glucosamide, Xycam and slowmag in the evenings. Nothing helps. My body isn't responding to pain killers anymore. Please, i need some help, everytime i go see a specialist, i get a different diagnosis. How this be possible???? HOw can i find out what is happening to me??
Answer 396 views
Healthy Bones
Healthy Bones

01 Jan 0001

Dear Frustrated
It does sound as if you have some kind of arthritis- there are several kinds. Please contact the Arthritis Foundation on 0861303030. They might be able to refer you to someone in your area.
Hope you get some answers- unfortunately it is very difficult to make any sensible suggestions electronically.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9269 votes
66% - 17869 votes