Ask an expert

08 Dec 2005

Hypermobility Syndrome

I was diagnosed with Hypermobility Syndrome back in the 90s, my joints stablized somewhat til 1 yr ago and now the pains r back.

I have since seen an Orthapaedic specialist who didnt know the condition HMS, he practically laughed in my face and showed me the door.

How can i get some recognition of this condition and get some help for it? I am currently taking Glucosamine and Chrondotin with cod liver oil, i also wear insoles to stablize my ankles as this causes problems with the flexibility, have fallen over a few times with this.

Any suggestions??

Answer 389 views
Healthy Bones
Healthy Bones

01 Jan 0001

Dear Vicky
I suggest you see a rheumatologist who specialises in joint diseases to examine you.
The supplements you take are good and I do not know what else you can do except see a specialist.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9250 votes
66% - 17785 votes