Question

Hypertensive on treatment
I am hypertensive and currently taking Exforge 10mg and Ridaq 12.5mg. My friend , the pharmacist assistant has adviced me to take Disprin CV, she says it is to prevent stroke. I am confused, I thought Disprin is used for pain.
The other thing is that I am suffering from duodenal ulcer and my doctor has adviced me not to take Disprin, should I take it or not?
Pharmacist
pharmacist

Hi B

Aspirin in low doses are often prescribed for it "blood-thinning" properties which plays an important role in preventing strokes, etc. Although a coated asprin (ECOTRIN) in available to protect your stomach, I'd still advise on discussing it with your doctor first (since you have an active ulcer).