Question

hypnotherapy
Does hypnotherapy work. My life is regressing (career wise) I am not confident to pursue the career I like because I am scared of failure. I have been told that hypnotherapy can help me gain confidence. Is there a hypnotist that you can recommend around Dbn???

I wonder who is spreading lies about how marvelloius hypnotherapy is ? How many times do I have to say it ? For almost every problem known to man, hypnotherapy does NOT work, and "hypnotherapists" who don't have full psychiatric or clinical psychological training are usually quacks, making false claims without proper evidence that their beloved method works or is safe. NEVER trust someone who has only one method of therapy to offer, and forces you to fit his method, rather than the other way round. Any "hypnotist" who claimed to be able to do what you are looking for would have to be a quack, and couldn't possibly be recommended. CBT style counselling could surely help you --- and we know that from research and experience, not the claims of someone keen to sell something.
jane --- I don't believe that either of the occasions when you felt better, were due to hypnosis. Most women feel rocky after childbirth, and then they pick up and feel better --- if you saw a hypnotist just bbefore you would have improved anyway, you would give him the credit he did not deserve. I sincerely wish the Dept of health would totally ban the use of hypnosis by anyone other than a fully trained and qualified shrink, or for ever being used as a single mode of therapy.
Hypnotists most successful trick is to take cedit for improvements you managed to make for yourself, and to use your enormously increased suggestibility during hypnosis, to make you feel grateful