Question

Hypoglycaemia and Diabetis
Hi Doc. I was diagnosed with Hypoglycaemia 9 years ago. My eye sight has deteriated the past 12 months (been to seen the eye spes and all o.k.) and I have gained about 15kg. Went for the fasting blood glucose test and alls o.k (eye doc send me). Could it be that I have diabetis, but that the fasting test doesn't detect it? What should I do more? I'm also trying to fall pregnant? Should I have my blood sugar tested more regularly.

Dear Anon
Just ask your GP to check your fasting insulin levels too - you may have insulin resistance. Another reason for deterioration of eye sight is thyroid problems - let him check this too.