Ask an expert

29 Nov 2005

Hypoglycaemia in non diabetic people.
Just read the info on this subject on this site. So glad to see the condition exists.But I would be gratefull to no what happens if you have to go into hospital and you have this condition.They won't let you eat if you are having surgry etc,and being intolerant to sugars,least bit I get a migraine.they could'nt even give me a glucose drip.It worries me sick and have no peace of mind.
Answer 353 views

01 Jan 0001

Lindy, they will put up a drip and give you something to keep your sugar from falling – usually glucose in diluted form. People are seldom intolerant to intravenous glucose if given in the correct quantities, so don’t worry. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.