Ask an expert

06 Dec 2005

Hypophosphatemic Rickets
My daughter has hypophophatemic rickets. She is 7 years old and was diagnosed 18 months ago, although she had been seeing an orthopaedic surgeon since she was 2 years old. She is on treatment but I have battled to find out more information about the condition and would perhaps like to contact other parents with children with the same condition. Could you help me?
Answer 380 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Debbie,
I found the following for you to read: is a site where you can become a member and get more info.
To contact other parents with children with similar problems, I think you could ask a Nephrologist near you if he knows of a support group in your area. I can give you some names if I know more or less where you live.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9320 votes
67% - 18609 votes