Question

28 Oct 2009

Hypothyroidism and aging
Doctore, I am a 47 year old white woman. I had hyperthyroidism. Was treated with radiotherapy in Jan 2009. Was then diagnosed as hypothyroidism and used Eltroxin 0.1mg for the last 4 months. I noticed a change in my facial appearance since being hypo. My face is puffy (one of the " normal"  signs), but my facial muscles seems to be more slack since then, having an " older"  appearance than 6 months ago. Could this be due to being hypo? Will the use of Elxtrocin " restore"  some of the " old"  me again?

Hallo Hester
Hypothyroidism can cause droopy eyelids, puffy eyes, slow reflexes and muscular weakness. It will probably improve with medication.