Question

Hysterektomie
Gooday Doc,

I just want to now is it possible if you go for a hysterektomie that your ovaries will disappear?

I had one done in my 20''s was very sick but had a full hysterektomie done. My friend is going but the dr told her they going to leave her ovaries is will disappear by itself it doesn''t sound right to me. How can your ovaries just disappear?

If the ovaries are not removed at the time of hysterectomy, they will remain where they are. They will stop functioning when the person reaches menopause and tend to get smaller at this time.