Question

I' am bulemic. What now?
Hi! I am a intellegent 25 year old proffesional woman who has diagnosed myself with Bulemia Nervosa according to lots of academic literature which includes the DSM-IV. Do I start looking for help with you? I can not yet say it out loud and this is the first time I have actually admitted it. ( Good for me) Please help me I am fighting this all on my own and I am NOT winning

Dear Reader
At least you have realised that you have a problem and that you need help - this is the first step. Please go for some professional help because this problem is too serious to try and cope with on one's own. You need to contact a clinical psychologist (look them up in the phone book, or if you live in the Cape Town area, phone the Kenilworth Clinic at (021) 797-1400, they can also possibly refer you if you live in other parts of the country) and a clinical dietitian (phone (012) 998-5650 (mornings, but keep in mind that many people will be on leave over the Festive season). These professionals will help you uncover what underlying psychological problems are causing this destructive behaviour and how you can learn to cope with it and start eating sensibly again.
I am holding thumbs that you will have the courage to pick up that phone and start seeking help.
Take great care