Question

I D BOOK --Dept Home Affairs
Have you all read about the man that kept an employee of Home Affairs as hostage because of the fact that he waited more than 3 years to get an I D book ? Eventually after serious threats by him and the hostage situation, they flew his new ID in with a helicopter from PTA. NOW THEY WANT TO PROSICUTE HIM ?????

Well, i have been divorced for 3 years now and have re-married a year ago and you know what ???? ACCORDING TO HOME AFFAIRS COMPUTER, I'M STILL MARRIED TO MY X AND MY NEW ID BOOK IS STILL NOT READY FOR COLLECTION.

I feel like doing the same thing, even if i do not approve of it. I also might have my ID and my new marriage corrected quickly if i resort to such actions.

Why do we have to sit up with this crap service by the Goverment, WHY ??? Who else on this forum had the same experience with CRAP GOVERMENT SERVICE, to such an extent that you cannot handle it any more ???

I hope that this poor guy gets a terrific defense in court, including expert testimony that the Dept of Home Affairs, in its notorious and long-lasting negligence and corrption, treated him, and so many other people, in a way that amounts to irresistable provocation, and must be considered to be responsible for what happened. And I hope that many thousands of people who have been simil;arly frustrated by the idiots in that notorious dept go to court to give him support.
I have never heard of ANYONE having a good experience with Home Affairs. All of their employees must be told very clearly that they are public servants, and the public in the queoes are their employers and pay their salaries --- and if they find it just too much work to do their jobs properly, there needs to be a expedited system to fire them and give the job to someone who will appreciate the work and do the job.
And look at Nik's example --- one Govt dept passes a ridiculous law seriously invading the freedom of all South Africans for improbably and rare benefits to the bureoucrats --- and then another Govt Dept makes it impossible for you to comply !
I remember some FICA hassles a while back. They told me it was to prevent money laundering --- I said we can't afford the laundering, we have to hand-wash ours in a tub. But it's the insane naivety of such laws that amaze me --- every nasty crime boss and money launderer will still have their own ways to do whatever they want, without problems --- only honest and ordinary citizens will be run to extra expense and inconvenience for no benefit whatsoever.
It[s a shame, isn't it, when a Govt Dept that forces us to use their almost non-existent services, becomes a major cause of mentl illness ?