Question

I feel disappointed in me....
Hey CS,

Well today is just a blue day.... suppose I could blame the weather? Oh CS what a week it's been, work is hectic but I'm learning to cope with that... I had to organise and plan a Children's christmas party which went fine in the end this guy I'm seeing has two kids which he brought with him to sleep over at my place for the first time, I've met the boy but never the girl she was actually fine in the end, the boy (11) has his moments, he is friendly but all of a sudden he would just be mean and glare at me with a nasty look. That doesn't even bother me.... so this guy's X wife is moving house and he is helping with the move today he took leave to set up the childrens beds and the DSTV dish and video etc etc.... yeah I know why the heck can't she just get somebody else to do it ??? anyhow the whole day or rather everytime I've phoned him he is offish and kinda rude, the first time I said is your X with you? that why you can't talk, so I left it and said goodbye. the second time he was driving so fine he can't talk he doesn't have a hands free kit, the third time I phone and immediatly he is rude when answering the phone I say hello, how you.... barely get an answer some mumbling or something...so I say do you want to talk to me ? his answer NO, I said fine goodbye...and as I'm starting to put the phone down he mumbles something like phone later I didn't really hear I was so hurt and annoyed !!! I just can't believe I'm back in a bloody situation where I have to make peace and be the lesser person to keep the peace.... damn him and his X and his rude manners!!!! but I also know that I don't want to be alone and I want somebody to do things with !!!! and I know that I shouldn't settle for less... so guess what the child that I am I will switch my phone off and get into the bath soak in bubbles, get a dvd and a glass of wine and just chill !!!! I don't want to feel bad or let somebody else make me feel bad.... and CS why on earth don't I trust him ??? I just keep thinking that he is cheating on me like my X husband did...will that mistrust ever go away ??? I try really hard because I know he is not my X husband but this nagging little voice in my head just keeps on bringing that issue up... will I do this with all future relationships ??

thanks for your ears!
noodle

Hi Noodle,
Well, we're not disappointed in you. But you're running into the Curse of the Cellphone --- never in history has it been easier for someone who is in the mood for a chat to interrupt someone else who for any of a thousand reasons, is not.