Question

I FEEL LIKE LUCKY DUBE
Call me mad or stupid I really feel like I am a fogotten hero and I really don''t know what the hell I should do with myself. I was one of the proactive people in the office until I got retrenched and called back after 3 months and was offered another position. I work in an open plan closely with people that I have worked with before and people that I used to help a lot and it seems like no one is noticing me no one is asking me questions like they did last year. I was a pro with the system and I was also nominated as the key user for the system but now no one no one is asking me for help and it kills me

Dear Unlucky Dube, Disappointing, I'm sure. Redundancy, even where the individual's faults or great skills are not considered, is always a blow to the ego. In your new post ( and it is surely a complement to you that the company chose to invite you back in, as they surely didn't have to do that ) is it actually a part of your current job description that people should bring questions and requests for help to you ? Or has the nature of your post and how others are supposed to relate to it, also changed ?
Maybe in your new post, if you say you're not ( at present ) good at it, that in itself is a good reason for people not to come to you with problems they also have with that aspect of the company's work. But maybe the company should provide you with more training to help you het new skills for the new post.
And as Unique suggests, in fact whatever field you're in, use your experience and wisdom to work out what the next big thing nor things will be, and prepare yourself to be a local hero in those fields when they arrive.