Question

I feel My Youth was lost
When I was in my teens and twenties, I knew I was gay but I never went out with guys, was always shy and afraid, instead I just spend time on my studies and then later just work, Today I feel so angry and hurt because of he last opportunities, I can find no love my age anymore.
Gay, lesbian and bisexual expert
Gay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi LostYouth and welcome to our forum, and thanks to Tammy and Deeve for their insightful responses.

No doubt many people – both gay and straight - can relate to your post. Many people have a sense of not always having lived previous stages of their lives fully - missed opportunities for growth or not always appreciating special people around them.

In a sense your message is about the importance of living our lives as fully as we can and while we need to acknowledge the importance of nostalgia, we need to remember to continue to invest as much as we can in the present and the future. Don't allow age to hold you back - previously you used the excuses of studies and work to avoid interacting with others, mind that you don't use age as an excuse to continue hiding from being happy.

Make a point of nurturing yourself and enjoying yourself, meet as many new people as you can and develop new friendships. Take up a new hobby or follow a particular interest. There's always time to break a cycle - so get out there and start living as fully as you can.